Featuring dual RS232 ports for separate data streams, these radio modems are ideally suited for applications in utilities, mining, agriculture and transport industries where reliable small area data transfer is critical. The data radio modems can also be used in small scale telemetry systems, with almost any PLC, RTU, HMI or DCS vendor for monitoring and control of critical assets.
The Piccolo Low Cost Data Radio modems move data from end-to-end at speeds of up to 38.4 kbps and can also perform as stores and forward repeaters to extend the range.
The following are other features of the Piccolo 433MHz Low Cost Data Radio modems:
- 25 mW transmit power (software selectable)
- Up to 5km line of sight
- Up to 38,400 bps (software selectable)
- Low power consumption with power saving modes
- Multi-mode LED front panel display for diagnostics, including RSSI meter
- Protocol DNP-3, Modbus and IEC 870 compatibility.
- Diagnostics at a Glance : The front panel LEDs display diagnostic information indication such as Receive Signal Strength (RSSI), transmit power, radio temperature and RS232 port status.
- Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum
- Variable Data Rate
- Low Power Consumption
- Easy Network Configuration
- Network Expansion