ST Microelectronics introduces a highly intergrated System-on-Chip family with innovative integration of comprehensive video and audio inputs, advanced video quality and expanded functionality. They are ideal for multi-function premium monitors, public displays, all-in-one PCs and high performance notebooks. The family also features Athena’s DisplayPort 1.2 receiver and transmitter and its ability to support wider input and output data bandwith for 3D monitors with high resolution monitor applications, and also enabling multi-stream transfers through single cable.
The new System-on-Chip Family includes the STDP9320, STDP9210 and STDP7320, which combines a DisplayPort 1.2 receiver and transmitter with a High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) 1.4 receiver. The STDP9320 and STDP9210 sustain 120Hz 3D Full High-Definition (FHD), very high-resolution WQXGA* and WQHD* display panels, while the STDP7320 supports 60Hz FHD WUXGA* display panels. The System-on-Chip family involves multi-stream, multi-monitor daisy chain support, patented active video window detection, simple end-user accessible firmware updateing and ST Microelectronic’s Faroudja imaging technology.
Features of ST Microelectronic’s new System-On-Chip Family:
- The DisplayPort 1.2 receiver/transmitter enables up to 21.6 Gps of bandwith data and multi-stream transmission through a single cable for ‘daisy chain’ and ‘tile’ display monitor applications.
- The HDMI 1.4 receiver supports all mandatory 3D input formats defined by the HDMI 1.4 specifications.
- Active-Video window detection, which automatically detects and optimises video embedded within Internet multimedia content and applies the Faroudja Adaptive Contract Control II (ACC II), Active Colour Management-3D (ACM-3D) and Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR), independently from the panel’s main settings.
- Six-axis independent Colour Control for correcting or customising colour.
- PiP/PaP (Picture in Picture/Picture and Picture) for watching two different video sources simultaneiously.
- Additional digital-video and audio connectivity, such as dual Digital Visual Interface (DVI), analog components, TTL and SPDIF/I2S inputs.
- Panel interface options are Quad Low-Voltage Differential Signalling (LVDS) and Internal DisplayPort (iDP) or Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) formats.
The STDP9320 and STDP9210 (WQXGA and WQHD/120Hx FHD) is available in sampling 521-ball BGA packages. The STDP7320 (WUXGA / 60Hz FHD) will be available for sampling in a 345-ball BGA package in Q4 2011.