WITH the year end approaching, and most of us involved in strategic reviews, here's a few acid questions worth thinking through.
On a scale of Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor, is:
* profit growth this year better compared with the average of the last 3 years growth
* growth in new customers stronger compared to last year
* contract or tender win %'s better than last year
* the ratio of sales to employees increasing Vs last year
* the reduction in costs better than last year
* reduction in staff turnover better than last year
* the regular introduction of new products strong enough
* the introduction of innovative services on target
* customer satisfaction better than last year
* the quality of relationships with stakeholders better
* the company's agility to change improved
* the effectiveness of the promotional activities to generate leads on track
* the quality of marketing support materials adding value to customers
If your gut feel or evidence suggests the answers are unacceptable, I suggest you get the best possible help quickly...and feed it into your strategic review processes.
Check out http://www.strategicmarketing.com.au
* Pete Jeans is CEO of Strategic Marketing Outsourcing (SMO ).