World-leading welding equipment manufacturer Fronius supplies a range of welding machines that are designed to meet the new safety requirements of Australian mines.
Serious welding accidents caused by faulty welding equipment have resulted in the mining industry banning them and imposing even more stringent safety measures.
Backed by the WTIA (Welding Technology Institute of Australia), the mining industry has called upon welding equipment manufacturers to ensure that the machines meet the stringent safety regulations to minimise potential accidents and injury in the future.
Preferred welding equipment manufacturer, Fronius is taking a proactive approach with its latest Mine-Spec machine, the TransPocket (TP) 125-10 Voltage Reduction Device (VRD).
Anthony England, Managing Director SMENCO Pty Ltd, Australian importers of Fronius Equipment says that the company meets and exceeds the requirements for welding operations in Australian mines.
Having complied with the additional safety features requested by the mining industry, Fronius has become the welder of choice for many leading Australian mine sites. Fronius welding machines incorporate aspects such as ‘Fail to Safe’, insulated covers, Hi-Vis cables and braided cables among others.
Key features of the Fronius TP125 Mine-Spec VRD:
- Compact and lightweight at just 4.7kg
- Only VRD machine to meet the new mine OH&S specifications
- Designed in direct response to the industry’s new OH&S safety demands
- Open circuit voltage (OCV) is a very low 12V, almost three times lower than the maximum specified 35V
- ‘Fail to Safe’ feature ensures the machine is put in fault mode by the software if the VRD is not functional
- No need to continually hold down buttons during welding, eliminating operator fatigue
- Earthed braided heavy-duty input power cable gives extra strength and protection
- Generator compatible (Minimum 8KVA)
- IP23 rated for wet areas
- Thermostatically controlled fan
- CE and C-tick approved
- Anti stick electrode function
- Meets AS6097/ AS1674.2 standards
- Arc force dynamic functions
Fronius Welding Equipment is distributed in Australia by SMENCO .