Checkers have introduced the new 1900 series - Monster heavy duty wheel chocks. Like their predecessors, the 1900 series are designed for the mining and construction industries. Checkers wheel chocks are stocked by their Australian distributor, Special Mining Services .
The Monster off-road chocks are made from a Polyethelyne casing with a high density solid internal Urethane with the added safety of bolted rubber pad bases. The Monster off-road chocks do not cause tyre damage and are unaffected by oils, fuels and solvents.
The following are the 4 new models of the Monster off-road chocks:
- MC1909 (replaces MC1809) length 381mm, width 384mm, height 280mm - 8.6kg
- MC1910 (replaces MC1810) length 450mm, width 387mm, height 254mm - 12.7kg
- MC1911 (replaces MC1811) length 625mm, width 369mm, height 407mm - 19.1kg
- MC1910 (replaces MC1812) length 557mm, width 379mm, height 270mm - 17.7kg
Each chock is designed for the following:
- MC1909 - for mine support equipment with tyres up to 1.6m diameter and maximum weight of 60 tonne (when 2 chocks are used).
- MC1910 - for haul trucks with tyres up to 2.6m in diameter and weights up to 200+ tonne (when 2 chocks are used) (eg Cat 777).
- MC1911 - for haul trucks with tyres above 2.6m dimeter and weights up to 450 tonne on steep grades (when 2 chocks are used. eg CAT 793D, Liebherr T262, Komatsu 830E) and 600+ tonne (with 4 chocks - eg Cat 797B, Komatsu 930E and Liebherr T282).
- MC1912 - for haul trucks with tyres above 2.6m diameter and weights up to 450 tonne (when 2 chocks are used. eg CAT 793D, Liebherr T262, Komatsu 830E).