The new lightweight 6400-LI lithium Ion powered cap lamp has achieved IECEx certification.
The 6400-LI lithium Ion powered cap lamp is now approved for underground Coal Mine use in Australia and all other IEC signatory countries.
The 6400-LI lithium Ion powered cap lamp is available from SM Safety .
Features of the 6400-LI lithium Ion powered cap lamp includes:
- Battery 1 third of the size and weight of a regular lead acid cap lamp - total weight battery weight 600g
- Equipped with a red LED which can be used as a tail light in addition to indicating charger functions. Indicated green when charging complete
- 16 hour usage time on full power
- Charging time half of usage time
- Uses the same charging racks (key type headpiece charging) as the lead acid Koehler battery (modular Oldham charging racks)
- Automatic Safety circuit breaker that cuts power and reintroduces it without having to manually reset
- Battery is maintenance free
- Tested to withstand harsh mining conditions including extreme vibration testing
The 6400-LI cap lamp can also be used as a PTO and will soon have RFID tag capability.