Siemens PLM Software has announced the availability of a Student Edition of its Solid Edge 3D CAD software, offered free of charge to all full-time or part-time students throughout the world at any academic level.
The company is making its revolutionary synchronous technology available free to students to help meet the growing demand for graduates with skills and experience in modern CAD technology.
A business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, Siemens PLM Software offers its Solid Edge software for 3D CAD to students as part of its ongoing investment in education.
Available as a no-charge 12-month license only to students through an easy, instant download from the Siemens website, the software contains not only the latest Solid Edge functionality necessary to create detailed product designs, but also Siemens PLM Software’s market leading synchronous technology, which represents the next generation of design software.
The license can be renewed each year, provided the user remains a qualified student.
Karsten Newbury, senior vice president and general manager of Solid Edge and Velocity Series, Siemens PLM Software explains that the free offer is driven by the demand from the global manufacturing community for new engineering graduates with the ability to add instant value to their product design and development process.
The special Student Edition of the CAD software will help to educate a new generation of students with the skills, experience and confidence needed to immediately leverage the industry’s most advanced CAD design methods using Solid Edge with its revolutionary synchronous technology.
Highlights of Student Edition of Solid Edge CAD software:
- Contains all of the functionality necessary to create complete designs using some of the industry’s most sophisticated and modern techniques
- Unique synchronous technology combines the speed and flexibility of direct modelling with the precise control of dimension driven design
- Access to the full function modules of Solid Edge drafting, sheet metal, surfacing and advanced assembly design
- Links to tutorials and access to a dedicated Internet forum to enable collaboration with other Solid Edge student users
- Access to technical productivity tips to help further increase proficiency