Siemens PLM Software announces the latest release of Femap software designed to speed up as well as simplify finite element modelling to enable improved product quality and faster time-to-market.
Siemens PLM Software is a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services.
Femap is a PC-based finite element modelling component of the Velocity Series portfolio of PLM solutions.
Bill McClure, Vice President of Product Development for Velocity Series, Siemens PLM Software says that Femap is recognised throughout the global engineering community for its in-depth finite element modelling functionality and best-in-class integration with the industry-leading Nastran solver.
He adds that the new release builds upon the usability of Femap with extended interactive modelling and analysis capabilities as well as increased program performance.
The new Femap 10.2 release incorporates customer-driven enhancements and exclusive new features to improve the entire computer-aided engineering (CAE) process from pre-processing model creation and solver integration to post-processing data handling, visualisation and analysis.
Key features of Femap 10.2:
- Enhanced Interactive Meshing Toolbox allows faster and easier creation of meshed models used by engineers to simulate and analyse product performance using finite element analysis (FEA)
- New feature editing capability in Interactive Meshing Toolbox allows the user to move features such as holes or surfaces while the meshed model is automatically updated to reflect the change
- Productivity enhancements streamline the processes required to create accurate models that can determine the structural, dynamic and thermal performance of complex engineered parts, assemblies and systems
- New topology optimisation capability allows the user to apply loads and constraints to material encompassing the entire available design envelope
- New feature enhancements help ensure model accuracy and visually evaluate analysis results
- Powerful new feature for working with beam elements whereby users can quickly and easily view the stress contours in beam cross sections, eliminating the need for iterative analysis
- Faster data handling enables Femap to process recovered output data in significantly less time
- New post-processing toolbox consolidates functional elements in the user interface for enhanced ease-of-use
- Open business model facilitates compatibility with all leading finite element analysis (FEA) solvers
- Integration with Nastran software is further extended with the support of a new edge-to-face contact feature for NX Nastran software
Femap 10.2 is scheduled for availability in October.