Siemens PLM Software introduces the latest version of Femap software, the world’s leading pre- and post-processor for engineering finite element analysis (FEA) running on the Windows operating system.
Siemens PLM Software is a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services.
Femap is a cost effective and powerful FEM application that is easy to use and works with virtually all leading CAD applications. Femap helps engineers produce a wide variety of products more efficiently, and with a high degree of confidence in their ability to perform as designed.
Enhancements in Femap 10.3 software make it easier and significantly faster for end users to work with complex geometry models while a new user interface feature further extends support for advanced functionality in NX NASTRAN software, the company’s comprehensive FEA application.
According to Bill McClure, vice president of product development for Velocity Series, Siemens PLM Software, accurately simulating a product’s real world performance in a virtual environment will have a significant impact on the cost, quality, safety and customer satisfaction associated with that product.
The enhancements in Femap 10.3 aim to increase the effectiveness of this simulation capability with tools that enable engineers to perform a more thorough and complete analysis on highly complex geometry.
The enhanced Femap 10.3 software features new functionality that improves the speed and usability of digital simulation even in some of the world’s most challenging industries such as automotive and aerospace.
New automatic geometry preparation feature:
- Significantly reduces the time to prepare complex geometry for FEM pre-processing
- Easy to use interface with the ability to automatically clean up and heal problematic geometry such as slivers and short edges
- Meshed models can be created on the first pass without any manual intervention
- Enhanced user interface feature supports interactive model set-up for the aeroelastic analysis capability of NX Nastran
- Seamless interface saves time in complex aeroelasticity modelling and analysis
- Significantly reduces the chance for error in passing data from the FEM to the FEA application
- Includes the Free Body Tool
- Improves the ease and speed for users to create free body diagrams and review interface loads