Siemens PLM Software announces the latest release of Tecnomatix digital manufacturing software suite, which includes updates for Tecnomatix 9, Jack 7, Factory 15 and Plant Simulation 10 applications.
The latest Tecnomatix release enhances productivity for industry-specific processes, improves operator safety and efficiency, and simplifies quality and factory knowledge management.
Tecnomatix’s improved industry support streamlines processing activities for a more personalised solution for the aerospace and defence industry.
Building on new solution capabilities to assist manufacturing planners, the ergonomics analysis and simulation solution has a whole new look, while key integrations for quality management and factory optimisation drive efficiencies for validating and leveraging planning results.
Key updates to the Tecnomatix digital manufacturing software suite:
Enhanced BOM Management, Documentation and Work Instruction Creation on Teamcenter
- BOM management enhancements in Teamcenter improve reconciliation between multiple BOM structures by leveraging object types and attributes while simplifying workflows
- Improvements to Teamcenter’s process Gantt chart provides an easier and more intuitive view of process definition
- New WYSIWYG editor for work instructions increases productivity of authoring free text and allows cut and paste of standard text and symbols, improving compliance to internal manufacturing standards
- Easy capturing and leveraging of 3D animations using Process Simulate on Teamcenter
- Dimensional Planning & Validation (DPV) production measurement and reporting solution can provide a standard format output to their Variation Analysis solution
- Gives design engineers the ability to validate assembly variation on 3D models with true production results
- Variation Analysis now supports finite element analysis (FEA) gravitational bias, allowing simulation models to comprehend gravitational influencers to tolerances
Jack and Jill - Style Makeover
- Process Simulate Human enables the user to quickly scale the Jack and Jill human models using new Chinese, German and Indian anthropometric data for assessment of operations based in China, Germany and India respectively
- Auto position operations now include position and posture creation
- Generic ergonomic reports can be filtered and executed for a complete simulation run within Process Simulate Human
Plant Design and Optimisation Advancements
- Factory products provide full support for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures as well as for AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture 2010/2011 releases
- FactoryFLOW offers new capabilities for the handling of daily tugger routes within the factory model
- Enhancements in data handling for In Context Editor greatly improve the ability to work with integrated factory data between Teamcenter and AutoCAD/FactoryCAD applications
- Plant Simulation provides a Teamcenter data interface for direct movement of process-related data from manufacturing planning to throughput simulation
- New library objects are also available with material handling elements such as a turn plate and converter, a lockout zone and a multi-portal crane
Key benefits of new Tecnomatix digital manufacturing software release:
- Clarifies industry workflows
- Delivers more realistic human models
- Increases the efficiency of the quality solution as well as its factory planning and analysis application through enhanced integration with digital product design and data management
- Drives planning efficiency through better manual workplace configuration as well as optimal factory material flow and equipment placement
- Boosts manufacturing productivity through optimisation and commissioning of robotics and automation systems