Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc. and Siemens PLM Software , a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services have announced an integrated Teamcenter software-based PLM content management solution.
The new integrated service offering, PLM Driven Content Management developed for the manufacturing industry will help customers to better support technical publications writing in development, service or after-sales business.
The PLM Driven Content Management offering combines Siemens IT Solutions and Services’ in-depth content management experience, best practices and implementation services with the commercially-available Teamcenter content and document management solution to help customers capture and organise information for both internal use and external publishing.
The new enterprise-wide publishing and content management solution is specifically designed around the product development process. It allows individual companies and entire supply chains to capture information from the onset of product design all the way through multimedia updates to publications for commercially available products such as owner’s manuals, service catalogues and repair manuals.
Teamcenter content management system synchronises technical content with core product information for complex publications such as parts catalogues, owner’s manuals and service documents.
As engineering changes occur, downstream publications can be updated to stay current with the most recent release of the product. However, producing documents requires manual publication design by an independent team of illustrators, technical writers, editors and design consultants and the resulting publications require frequent updating to stay current with engineering changes.
Teamcenter's PLM technology integrates the efforts of the engineering and documentation teams in a single common environment, allowing authors and engineers to stay in sync each step in the product development process by capturing and archiving information on each specification change.
It then manages documents and technical publications created in each stage of the product design lifecycle and publishes it for almost any purpose and in almost any format including 3-D.
- Dramatically reduces the time it takes to generate highly complex documents
- Minimise opportunities for errors because it captures each step in the documentation process once and maintains it as needed
- Teamcenter content management can manage multiple languages, control the process of translation and lower risk considerably by eliminating the need to replicate information among various elements of the development and publishing processes
- Changes made in one element of the publication will automatically be updated throughout the entirety of the content
- Allows splitting large documents into logical segments, which enables writers to reuse documentation without recreation