SICK presents a rugged, compact and versatile range of miniature photoelectric sensors, designed specifically for use in harsh environments, particularly in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical segments as well as machine tools.
Rugged in build, small in design and versatile in application, the new W8 Inox miniature photoelectric sensors are the logical complement to SICK’s portfolio of stainless steel sensors.
The Inox product family includes through-beam and photoelectric retro-reflective sensors, energetic photoelectric sensors as well as sensors featuring background suppression, depending on the application used for close or far ranges.
Built rugged to offer high availability in various harsh applications, the W8 Inox miniature photoelectric sensors can withstand the rigours of production and cleaning processes in addition to rinsing and disinfection agents as well as drilling water and drilling oils that affect conventional sensors adversely.
Key features of W8 Inox miniature photoelectric sensors:
- High-quality 1.4404 (316L) stainless steel housing features an IP 69K enclosure rating
- Chemically and thermally resistant front screen is made of PPSU
- Operator control is mechanically very resistant due to the PEEK high-performance plastic
- Allows space saving and simple installation
- Option of connection technology either as 2m cable, M8 plug or 300mm connecting cable with an M12 plug guarantee fast installation even in limited space applications
- Simple commissioning requiring only a few adjustments, also depicted graphically in the operating manual
- High-performance LED technology ensures perfect detection results during operation