Sensor solutions from SICK have been implemented for an Austrian confectionary manufacturer to ensure high efficiency in production and packaging.
Josef Manner & Comp. AG is one of Austria's leading confectionary manufacturers with an extensive product range that presents huge challenges in production and packaging processes, particularly during seasonal business or retail campaigns.
Sensors employed by the Manner manufacturing facility are used for reliable detection, control, counting and sorting tasks.
Application conditions vary considerably with cramped installation situations, passive sources of interference as well as changing sizes and designs of products or packaging, all of which require individual sensor solutions.
Consequently, Manner prefers to use a single source for these sensors to ensure operational safety, availability and economic efficiency of its systems.
Different sensor products from SICK offer optimised solutions for confectionary production and packaging processes.
SICK’s sensor solutions provide Manner with an ideal solution for each task from a single source.
Sensors used by Manner include:
- Photoelectric sensors from various series (W4, W9, W11 and W12) for product data capture, quality control, monitoring of packages and counting applications
- Optical Food & Beverage sensors as well as inductive sensors with IP 69K enclosure rating and DIN 40050
- Contrast sensors, which guarantee a high degree of flexibility when changing products and formats are employed in final packaging where various materials, shapes and sizes of packages, changing scanning distances, colours, shapes and contrast relations plus high process speeds present particular challenges
Depending on the application, sensor solutions were selected for their miniature construction, large scanning range, low sensitivity to interference, user-friendliness and optimal price/performance ratio of all features.
Benefits of SICK’s sensor solutions:
- Flexible reactions to changing production requirements
- Quick changeover between different products and packaging types
- Single-source sensor and industry competence for optimal solutions with minimal procurement costs
Manner’s need for flexibility in its production processes is met through the intelligence, robustness and versatility of SICK’s sensor solutions, enabling the confectionary manufacturer to adjust its production to new requirements quickly so it can cope with demand optimally, even during special campaigns or seasonal business periods.
The sensors can be adapted to Manner's flexibility requirements for variants and capacity accordingly with little effort, guaranteeing optimal commercial processes in production as well as in packaging.
SICK's comprehensive range of sensor solutions and many years of experience in the food and packaging industry enable it to meet all of Manner's requirements cost-efficiently.