The image-based OLM200 linear measurement sensor with PROFIBUS interface from SICK is ideal for position and speed detection on electrical overhead conveyors, rail-guided shuttles, and curve-going aisle stackers.
The OLM200 sensors offer the ideal solution for measuring the position and speed in mechanically guided transport modules in intralogistics on straights or in curves.
Service life of the OLM200 linear measurement sensors to suit the requirements of the intralogistical operating environment is guaranteed with the sensor’s robust metal housing, the integrated contamination control, the extensive operating temperature range, the lack of moving parts on the inside, as well as the LED lighting in redundant design.
Designed to offer precise measurement across long ranges, the OLM200 measurement sensors are ideal for facilities measuring up to 10km in length and for speeds up to 10 m/s. The measuring sensor scans a bar code tape along the travel path to detect the current position.
Maximum precision in position and speed detection is ensured due to the reproducibility of 0.15mm, resolution adjustable in increments between 0.1mm and 100mm as well as the high output rate of 2.5 ms.
Key features of OLM200 linear measurement sensors:
- Measured values are output via the PROFIBUS interface
- PNP or NPN switching outputs in addition to PROFIBUS
- Intelligent integration quickly and cost-effectively
- Installed by means of through boreholes on the sides of the housing or the slot on the rear
- Housing design requires alignment only on one axis, minimising installation time
- Compatible with SpeedCon as well as standard M12 connectors
- Supports rapid and simple mounting