SICK presents a new range of fork sensors in a slim design for easy label detection in various industrial processes.
The user-friendly and precise WFS fork sensors from SICK are an affordable range of label detection sensors featuring slender construction, simple setting and short response times to allow top performance in detecting diverse labels.
SICK’s latest addition to its portfolio of fork sensors is designed specifically for detecting non-transparent labels on diverse carrier materials as well as for double sheet detection. Special process accuracy is achieved with the ability of the sensors to position themselves directly on the dispenser edge of a label feeding mechanism and due to the short response time of only 50 µs.
Key features of SICK’s WFS fork sensors:
- Available in fork depth of 42mm and fork width of 3mm
- Offers reliable detection even with minimal signal differences between the label and the carrier material
- Easy integration and operation
- Slender fork shape permits optimum process and space related mounting solutions
- Can be mounted if required, using a special mounting rod
- Fast and simple commissioning as setting occurs by means of dynamic and static teach-in, or via the control line
- Taught-in switching threshold can be adjusted to need, guaranteeing reliable label detection
- Switching output is active even during the teach-in process, ensuring not a single label is missed