SICK presents their award-winning range of miniature light curtains specifically designed for applications in space-constrained areas.
Through its miniaturisation, miniTwin follows one of the great trends in automation technology by providing a solution for applications in which installation space is scarce.
Additionally, miniTwin miniature light curtains are often used in applications where workspaces are designed in more ergonomic ways, requiring workflows to be optimised.
Key features of miniTwin miniature light curtains:
- Sender and receiver units are integrated into an extremely compact housing, the so-called twin stick
- Easier integration into the machine while allowing standardisations that reduce costs and simplify handling
- Fewer components in the miniaturised device lead to cost savings in ordering, logistics, handling and service
- Intuitive operation permits fast commissioning and increases machine availability
- Small housing design with no blind zones on either end of the housing
- Continuous protective field all the way to the edge and diagonally across
- Short protective field heights and small scaling
- Clever mounting and cable routing suitable for industry
- Short safety distances due to fine resolution and fast response times for optimum operational ergonomics
miniTwin miniature light curtains from SICK have been awarded several prizes including the red dot design award and a prize from the International Forum Design as well as the Stuttgart Design Centre.
miniTwin was also honoured with the GIT Safety Award 2011 for its optically appealing and extremely functional design from a safety perspective.
It has also been conferred an innovation prize by Gongkong, a marketing research company for Chinese industry.