Available in Australia from SI Instruments , Tiedemann ring loadcells are high precision instruments for mechanical force measurements of tensile and compressive forces. The ring loadcells are available in a capacity range of 50 N to 200 kN.
Tiedemann ring loadcells find application in situations where measurements may allow only minimal length changes as well as in locations where there is little room for the measuring instrument.
Key application areas include R&D, quality and manufacturing control as well as high-precision measurements in mechanical engineering and vehicle manufacturing, especially in test stands for brakes, machinery and transport equipment.
Tiedemann ring loadcells also find application in the measurement of cable tension on overhead wires.
Key features of Tiedemann ring loadcells:
- Consists of a special shaped elastic steel ring attached with two facing drawbar eyes and pressure seats
- Load on the ring leads to a slight deformation, which is measured with a precise dial gauge
- No power or batteries required for operation
- Intrinsically safe design, can be used in hazardous areas
- Indicator can be set to display the maximum force in one measuring run, particularly in fast processes or experiments where reading of scale is difficult or not possible