Torque measuring flanges from Manner available in Australia through SI Instruments are designed for the measurement of both static and dynamic torques on rotating or stationary shafts and machine flanges. Power flow along a shaft can be directly calculated using the torque and rotation speed parameters.
Manner Sensortelemetrie GmbH specialises in custom-made and application-specific measuring solutions as well as serial applications for rotating and moving parts, specifically designed to meet high requirements in process engineering and measurement data quality.
Manner’s patented sensor telemetry process guarantees reliable transmission of precise measurement data via non-contact induction and radio technology under difficult environmental conditions.
A stator antenna collects the measurement data without any physical contact to guarantee unbiased measuring results. In the opposite direction, the measuring electronics on the moving component are supplied with energy via inductive coupling.
Manner has developed a special range of compact torque flanges for the purpose, featuring non-contact torque signal transmission according to the patented sensor telemetry procedure.
Manner torque measuring instruments do not require bearings for operation and can be mounted without the need for an additional bearing bracket or articulated shafts, saving money and allowing for extremely compact test stands.
Key features of Manner torque measuring flanges:
- Compact and short (45mm at 1 kNm)
- Highly precise torque signal on the basis of strain gauges
- Operates without bearings
- Torque range of 5 Nm to 1 MNm
- Non-contact transmission of measured values
- High transverse and axial force resistance
- High torsional strength (according to type, up to 40,000 rpm)
- Maintenance-free via inductive energy and data coupling
- High interference resistance, EMC tested according to DIN
- Simple handling and mounting with minimal space requirements
- Remotely condition-able measuring amplifier in flange
- Recalibration without mechanical intervention
- Network compatible (CAN, Ethernet)