SEW-Eurodrive is launching an IP66 extension of the company’s MOVITRAC LTE version B frequency inverter range at the National Manufacturing Week in May 2011.
The MOVITRAC LTE version B inverters from drive solutions leader SEW-Eurodrive are suitable for low-power variable-speed drive applications such as small fans and pumps, machine tools as well as conveyors.
Available in both IP20 and IP55 housings, the new IP66 inverters will provide additional dust and water protection for use in harsh environment applications.
Key features of the IP66 MOVITRAC LTE version B inverters:
- Available in single phase (up to 2.2kW) and 3-phase (up to 7.5kW) models
- Choice of three compact frame sizes
- Innovative integrated DIN-rail snap-in mounting capability, which simplifies installation
- Fast and easy to set up
- Features 14 standard and 26 extended configuration parameters
- New levels of interfacing flexibility with four means of access for drive configuration, monitoring and control
- Equipped with in-built keypad, onboard RS485 port for PC access, IR optical link for wireless connectivity to pocket PC or smart phone, and optional portable programming stick for multi-drive parameter transfer
- Portable programming stick suitable for OEMs that need to program large quantities of drives quickly
- Energy optimiser function enables the drive to automatically match the applied motor voltage with load conditions
- Supports connection to industrial fieldbus-based communications systems via a SEW-Eurodrive UFx gateway, which can be connected to the inverter’s integrated RJ45 connector
- Enables users to cost-effectively implement communications protocols including Profibus, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, ProfiNet, ModbusIP and EtherCat
According to SEW-Eurodrive Strategic Marketing and Product Manager Darren Klonowski, the MOVITRAC LTE version B IP66 inverters are ideal for the food and beverage industry in applications such as conveyors and pumps.
Being completely waterproof, the inverters will maintain their integrity in washdown situations.
SEW-Eurodrive will be showcasing the MOVITRAC LTE version B family of inverters on Stand 2900 at the National Manufacturing Week 2011 at Melbourne Exhibition Centre from 24 May to 27 May, 2011.