Drive solutions leader SEW-Eurodrive will launch a Smart Servo Package at the National Manufacturing Week in May 2011.
Designed to make a servomotor drive automation task simpler and faster to implement, the Smart Servo Package from SEW-Eurodrive contains all necessary components for a complete automation solution in a coordinated package.
The Smart Servo Package comprises of programmable or purely configurable SEW controllers, flexible servo universal inverters, highly dynamic servomotors close coupled to optional compact servo gear units and ready-to-use accessories.
The Smart Servo Package has been specifically optimised to suit most application criteria in the power range up to 1.5 kW and in the voltage range of 1 x 230 Vac.
According to SEW-Eurodrive Product Manager, Darren Klonowski, the Smart Servo Package will enable the creation of purely programmable or graphically configurable automation solutions.
He explains that the use of a graphic configuration wizard to enter all axis-to-axis relationships and pre-configure application properties eliminates the need for time-consuming programming.
Combined with diagnostic tools, this helps to accelerate the commissioning and start-up process as well as facilitate drive monitoring and troubleshooting.
Additionally, the company is also introducing the MOVITRAC LTX into their range of frequency inverters.
MOVITRAC LTX is a universal servo inverter and SEW-Eurodrive’s first single phase servomotor controller that covers a power density up to 1.5kW, resulting in a universally deployable inverter with necessary motion control functions, high power density and simple operation.
Key features of MOVITRAC LTX universal servo inverters:
- Single phase universal servo motor controller for a wide variety of application solutions
- Integrated operator keypad provides easy access to all parameters and commissioning data
- On-board digital and analogue inputs/outputs, fieldbus gateway and encoder connections can be easily accessed from the front of the unit
- High level control solutions for more demanding automation tasks are enabled via a MOVIPLC position controller
- Analogue interface can be utilised for simple speed control or speed-setpoint from an external position controller
- IP20 enclosure is equipped with an integrated brake chopper for 4-quadrant operation and specifically designed to house a braking resistor, if required
- Particularly suited to standard positioning tasks for multi-axis applications with dynamic control quality in small to medium-sized machine or machine modules
- User-friendly operation, saves time during start-up and cost-optimised for its area of application
Components of the standard Smart Servo Package:
- SEW-Eurodrive’s CMP servomotors
- MOVITRAC LTX
- Prefabricated cables
- Extensions to the package include a MOVI-PLC, CCU, gateway and/or SEW’s range of servo or 7 series gear units
- SEW-Eurodrive range of gateways or programmable controllers supports connection to industrial fieldbus-based communications systems
SEW-Eurodrive is showcasing the MOVITRAC LTX and Smart Servo Package at the National Manufacturing Week 2011 at Stand No. 2900, Melbourne Exhibition Centre from 24 May to 27 May, 2011.