The Mining Drive is a new range of large gear units in a purpose-built thermal housing, designed to make a significant reduction to energy usage in heavy industry by lowering thermal losses.
According to SEW-EURODRIVE Industrial Gears National Product Manager, Ian Tribe, the Mining Drive is suitable for heavy-duty applications with high-transmitted loads in mining, mineral processing and quarrying processes.
Heavy industry as a rule requires machinery with more torque and more power, resulting in a higher energy requirement to run their facilities. By providing a significant increase in thermal ratings, the new industrial gear units will drive down heat losses and reduce overall energy consumption.
Mining Drive incorporates several internal energy-reducing features selected specifically for each application depending on the operating conditions, which result in less heat being dissipated by the housing.
Key features of the Mining Drive gear units:
- Based on SEW-EURODRIVE’s groundbreaking X Series industrial gear units with identical internal gears
- Purpose-designed cast-iron housing designed with larger dimensions and extensive ribbing on both sides and underneath to dissipate the heat more effectively
- Axial fan and various efficient internal devices help increase thermal ratings
- More energy-efficient drive and lower running temperature lead to longer oil life and safer surfaces to touch
- Available as a standalone gear unit or as part of a complete drive assembly including gear unit, motor, drive base and guardings
SEW-EURODRIVE’s comprehensive range of heavy duty motor and drive solutions including the new Mining Drive gear units will be on display at AIMEX, Stand 1311, Sydney Showgrounds, 6-9 September 2011.