SEW-EURODRIVE introduces a new permanent magnet synchronous electronic motor to complement its range of mechatronic drive systems.
The new DRC electronic motor can be directly coupled with SEW’s comprehensive gear unit range, making it highly flexible. With its efficiency surpassing IE4 Super Premium Efficiency class, the electronic motors are also suitable for worldwide use while saving up to 50% of energy costs compared to conventional electric drive technology.
The DRC electronic motor series consists of a permanent-field synchronous motor and matching integrated drive electronics. Also available as a brake-motor, the DRC series is suitable for hoists and inclined conveyors. A highly efficient bevel, helical or parallel-shaft gear unit can be mounted directly via the flange and output shaft.
Together with a gear unit from SEW’s modular range, manufacturers can get a versatile and flexible mechatronic drive system, combining the three core competencies of SEW-EURODRIVE in one drive solution: gear unit, motor and drive electronics. The integration and coordination of all three drive components leads to a long and reliable service life.
Designed for functionality and efficiency, the DRC electronic motor features the unique Single Network Installation (SNI) technology from SEW-EURODRIVE that requires only one 4-wire cable for power supply and communication, reducing the amount of cabling efforts significantly and saving up to 60% of installation costs.
Variants with binary control and AS-Interface communication are available for standalone applications or systems with simple drive functionalities. The fourth variant is equipped with the CAN-based SEW system bus SBus, which provides excellent flexibility for integrating various fieldbus networks, increasing system performance for the realisation of sophisticated drive tasks.
Key features of DRC electronic motors:
- Available in two distinct frame sizes covering a power range up to 1.5 kW with a further 250% overload capacity
- Available with an IEC flange option and a degree of protection up to IP66
- Can be used for standalone motor applications in challenging environments
- System emergency stop functionality can be easily realised in conjunction with integrated Safe Torque off Safe Circuit- SIL3 according to IEC 61800-5-2:2007
- Covers a wide voltage range from 380 to 500 V at 50/60 hz