Where asbestos containing materials (ACM) is identified or likely to be present in the workplace premises asbestos awareness training is required to be delivered to managers, trade contractors and employees to appropriately understand the risks associated with the presence of asbestos on the premises to avoid disturbance of the material and thus exposure to airborne asbestos fibre.
SESA - Safety and Environmental Services Australia 's asbestos awareness training course is developed and delivered by our accredited trainer and occupational hygiene consultant which covers the following topics:
- Legal obligations under asbestos regulations and asbestos codes of practice
- Asbestos identification, risk assessment approaches and asbestos register
- Asbestos management plan and in-situ management of asbestos
- Control measures required for the safe removal of asbestos
- Asbestos emergency preparedness.
- Origin, properties and common types of asbestos
- Uses and potential sources of asbestos in the workplace
- Health risks from exposure to asbestos fibre