Southern Engineering Services was established in 1950 to service the growing demands for engineered product for the emerging Steel and Mining Industries in the Illawarra.
Southern Engineering Services formed the basis of the SES Group which has grown to meet the needs of customers and the expanding market place.
The SES Group provides a multifaceted range of goods and services to respond to requirements.
The types of activities that the SES Group is involved in include:
- Supply of all types of Bearings, Seals and Housings from the major manufacturers worldwide
- Supply of all types and brands of Power Transmission Equipment including Gearboxes, Universal Drive Shafts, Shaft Coupling, Vee Belts, Taper Locks and Pulleys
- Mechanical Workshops to services all sizes of Gearboxes, Drive Shafts, Fluid Couplings and Pumps
- Design and Manufacture of new Longwall Hydraulic Pump Stations based around SES Group’s range of Hauhinco high performance hydraulic pumps
- Maintenance support and repair for Hauhinco Pumps and valving on Pump Stations
- Supply of new and overhaul of Longwall Shearer Cutter Drums and Continuous Miner Cutter Drums
- Repair and overhaul of Underground Machinery including PJB’s, SMV’s, Shuttle Cars and Pumps
- Sales of mining industry products including Conflow, Mansign and Thiele
- Supply of specialised equipment for the steel industry from Xtek, Akers International, Sarclad, American Sensors, Pro-Mic and Plesh Industries
- Supply of specialiaed equipment for cranes, container cranes, shiploaders and stacker Reclaimers from Oleo International, Xtek Incorporated, Gantry Railing, PT Tech and Johnson Industries
- Equipment for waste water treatment and materials handling applications from Continental Industrie, Vibra Screw Incorporated, Mars Minerals