Multi-box liquid folding IBCs from SBH Solutions Australia have been purchased by egg pulp manufacturer Hall & McLean to replace hired CHEP Unicons.
The decision was necessitated by two key factors: cost of daily hire and cost of delivery to site.
Hall & McLean’s factory near Yandilla on the Queensland Darling Downs processes eggs into pulp for industrial use, mostly in 1000-litre lots.
The egg pulp is shipped to factories in the Brisbane area to be used in cakes, pastries and other food products.
The closed loop production of egg pulp allows the process to be controlled, according to the Logistics Manager.
SBH Solutions arranged for plates on the Multi-box liquid folding IBCs, allowing individual units to be tracked by number.
Combined with the selection of a very distinctive UV-rated ‘Traffic Yellow’ for the side panels, the Multi-box makes it difficult for operators to confuse the IBCs with other folding hire units.
Key features of the Multi-box liquid folding IBCs:
- Latest range of folding intermediate bulk containers
- Split lid addresses the concerns of employees about the hazards of lifting 20kg lids
- All parts of the container are attached, eliminating misplacing of separate lids
- Standard full length sight glass
- Fully hot dipped galvanised frame
- Food grade polypropylene sides (HDPP) are 25% thicker at 5mm, reducing warping and enhancing structural strength