Improving business processes with ISO 9001, Quality Management Systems from SAI Global
Product certification is not only mandatory for certain types of products, but it can also have many benefits for manufacturers. Instituting a proper quality management system is not just advantageous for sales and promotion but also can improve the overall business performance in areas of the company such as a reduction in overheads and other costs, and improved employee morale.
Over one million organisations around the world have adopted ISO 9001 certification making it a truly International business management system.
The principles upon which ISO 9001:2008 is based include:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process and system approach to management
- Continual Improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Using an ISO 9001 Management systems can assist manufacturers and industrial businesses to reduce costs by measuring outputs and identifying areas of waste and duplication.
- An increased understanding and control of business operations can assist in staff management as employees who deal with frontline issues daily become engaged in proposing areas for improvement.
- By documenting processes and system changes, staff competence, training and development can be maintained, helping to provide consistency in service and production.
- Give suppliers peace of mind that your business conducts itself in a certain manner through third party performed audits.
- ISO 9001 Certification ensures that businesses who export globally have an internationally recognised certification, which also assists those businesses who have contracts with government agencies.
- More efficient, effective operations
- Reduction in costs and waste production
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention
- Further opportunities for global market penetration and government tenders
- Improved employee and management engagement, awareness and morale
- A competitive edge over other companies that don’t have a system in place
- Increased profits
- Increased productivity
SAI Global also offer a variety of training courses to help clients on their journey to ISO 9001 certification, ranging from understanding and implementing courses through to internal and lead auditor courses.
Related SAI Global News
Contact SAI Global
Contact SAI Global