Working closely with OEM’s Ammeraal Beltech have developed a range of Self - Tracking Belts showing superior performance on fixed centre conveyors, two-way running conveyors and wide short centre belts. Tracking of a belt in these situations is always very difficult.
Typical applications are situations that require correction of mistracking due to pushing, pulling, side loading or other processes performed on the belt, and applications where the conveyor design can cause mistracking, e.g. square belts, knife edges, two running directions, asymmetric loading.
In some cases, belts are taken off the conveyor to be cleaned. Self-Tracking Belts can save time because these belts can be re-installed both ways and tracking re-adjustment is not required.
The Ammeraal Beltech Self-Tracking Belts reduce costs, offer conveying benefits and can improve the overall reliability.
Features of Ammeraal Beltech Self-Tracking Conveyor Belts:
- Reduced maintenance costs, less need for checks to re-tension belts
- Compact conveyor design; no tacking rollers and only simple tensioning device required; lighter shafts and bearings
- No need for tracking guides on the belt; decrease of purchase costs
- (Re) Installation of the belt can be achieved in a much quicker timescale; can be installed both ways without re-adjusting
- Increased belt lifespan; tension remains over life time of belt
- Compact drive; improved power transmission efficiency
- The absence of a belt tensioning device and fixings reduce the weight of the installation
- No tracking guides on the belt, which reduces the belt weight
- Low friction bottomside; smooth, economical operation
- Lower belt tension, less power consumption
- Shock absorbing property reduces shock load on bearings
- Absorbs vibrations
- Smooth tracking properties; extra lateral stability
- Low noise level