Exclusive Ammeraal Beltech Australian distributor, Rydell Industrial (Belting) Co introduces the ZipLock join into the Australian market.
Working closely with OEMs and end users, Ammeraal Beltech developed ZipLock: a special design link belt insert to make easy and fast belt exchange possible. Main benefit is the substantial decrease of system downtime.
ZipLock is ideal for applications where belt replacement time is an issue, for example in airports and distribution centres, and is especially designed for applications in inaccessible locations such as conveyors at ceiling height, very short conveyors, built-in conveyors etc.
In these circumstances traditional mechanical belt fasteners - metal or plastic – are used for belt exchange, but these might have disadvantages such as noise, irregular belt run and chances of damaging the belt load. The ZipLock connection is almost invisible, the surface is smooth and the bottom-side has low friction, resulting in a quiet belt run.
Features and benefits of ZipLock connection:
- Minimum system downtime, belt installation in just minutes, reduced maintenance time and cost
- Silent Splice, especially compared to mechanical fasteners
- No damage to conveyor or load on the belt
- Safe on-site installation, no heavy equipment needed
- No interruption of belt surface and properties
- No difference in friction between the belt and the ZipLock insert, leading to a smooth economical operation
- Flexible splice area
- In-house splicing, no outside fitters required
- No need for splice presses, electricity, water etc.