Ammeraal Beltech Modular in conjunction with Rydell Industrial (Belting) Co has a wide variety of plastic modular belts and slat top chains available for the dairy industry.
The Uni OPB Rib belt in polypropylene is currently being used in the dairy industry to convey filled ice cream containers.
Some advantages of using the Uni OPB Rib belt for this application are:
- low contact surface area, leading to smooth product accumulation and less container wear
- ensures stable product transfer with finger plates at the infeed and discharge
- high strength ribbed profile, with substantial pitch and added thickness - suitable for large containers with moderate loads; and
- bricklay arrangement and custom widths for easy installation, replacement and repair – a strong alternative to fabric belting.
The Uni 879TAB-R-G4 slat top chain in the D-acetal white is currently being used in the dairy industry as a gripper elevator conveying boxed cheese.
Some advantages of using this chain for this application include:
- easy to elevate or change orientation of your product for subsequent operations
- turn discs available to reduce friction around turns; and
- PEBAX Rubber inserts provide a solid grip on a wide range of product types to ensure no slippage occurs.
Dairy applications include in:
- case handling
- full and empty containers
- depalletising; and
- cheese machines.