Ammeraal Beltech Modular in conjunction with their appointed Australian stockist/assembler Rydell Industrial (Belting) Co have been a leader for many years in supplying the meat industry with top of the line modular belting.
Today more and more meat processors are turning to Ammeraal Beltech modular for their modular belting solutions due to clean ability, impact resistance, tensile strength and belt surfaces. Belts often used in the poultry industry are the Uni OPB, Uni MPB and the Uni CNB.
Most popular in the poultry industry today are Uni MPB-C (closed top) and Uni MPB-N (non-stick surface) belts. The belts are mainly supplied in polypropylene material in either white or grey but materials such as polyethylene or POM are also available.
The Uni OPB 8 belt in a D-acetal material is currently being used in a poultry de-boning line for whole turkeys.
Some advantages for using the OPB 8 belt for this application are:
- very strong and easy to clean for applications requiring durability and clean ability
- D acetal material available for applications demanding high strength and abrasion resistance
- OPB 8 is 5/16" thick for high strength and durability
- USDA approved for food contact; and
- 16 combinations of top and bottom surface and a wide range of accessories make OPB suitable for almost any application.
The Uni CNB Closed belt in Polypropylene is currently being used in a poultry processing plant for chicken leg quarters.
Some advantages for using the CNB belt for this application include:
- hygienic flat belt surface and hinge design for maximum clean ability, ideal for direct food contact
- hinge driven sprockets do not allow particles to accumulate between blt and sprocket teeth engagement
- durable rod lock retention system will not disengage from belt hinges, preventing mixing with conveyed products; and
- brick lay arrangement and custom widths for easy installation, replacement, and repair - a strong alternative to fabric belting, as well as multi-lane chain conveyors.
Poultry applications include:
- live birds
- cold discharge
- general conveyance
- metal detectors
- shrink wrap machines
- incline and decline box handling; and
- cooling and freezing.