Rydell Industrial (Belting) Co stocks a wide range of plastic modular belting as well as slat top chain suitable for use in the container handling industry.
Some examples of various belts and chains are Uni M-SNB M2/M3, Uni M-QNB, Uni 880TK325R, and Uni 879Tab Safety/Safety Finger.
The Uni M-SNB M2/M3 and the Uni M-QNB are used in various container handling applications and have the following advantages:
- 1/2" pitch – among the smallest in the modular belting industry
- wide range of standard acetals for optimal design flexibility
- considerable tensile strength for medium to heavy duty applications
- Uni’s 1/2" pitch enables use of a 3/4" diameter nosebar for tight transfer applications
- clear Uni advantage, with major competitors offering
- 0.6" pitch – minimum nosebar diameter 0.88"
- 0.75" pitch – minimum nosebar diameter 11/8; and
- relieved underside profile ensures an ideal wrap and travel around the nosebar.
For vacuum applications Ammeraal Beltech Modular offers a variety of slat top chains and modular plastic belts with various hole combinations.
In high speed applications, Rydell recommends using Uni GR material on slat top chains and Ammeraal Beltech Modular offers various materials for plastic modular belts as well.
The Uni LF880T-K325R in LF-acetal is currently being used in the container handling industry for conveying filled sprayer containers. Advantages of using the Uni Slat Top chain for this application are:
- tight turning radius of 7.9" (R-type) for small space requirements
- polyamide turn discs eliminate curve friction, leading to lower headshaft tension, allowing for increased conveyor length
- smooth container transfer from utilising low friction acetal with beveled edge profile, ideal for lane diverting; and
- operates with minimal noise levels, even without lubrication.
- vacuum transfer
- can conveyance; and
- upside down conveyance.