Rotork Australia (Fluid System division) introduces the new Bifold HIPEX valves specifically designed for both modulating and ‘on-off’ pilot pressure signals.
Bifold HIPEX valves are a range of 2-way, normally closed directional control valves with a venting flow rate proportional to the differential pressure between the inlet and the pilot signal pressures. When the pilot pressure signal is equal to or above the main valve inlet pressure, the valve exhaust port remains closed.
Bifold HIPEX valves find application in the activation of control valves used in chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and food processing markets.
Key features of Bifold HIPEX valves:
- Compact modular design with 316L stainless steel or aluminium construction
- Supplied with a pilot/valve seat assembly
- SIL 3 third party certified to IEC 61508 Parts 1 & 2
- Available in ½”, 1” and 2” options with various port sizes including ¼”, 3/8” and ½” NPT sizes
- Operates on a 1:1 pilot pressure to valve pressure ratio at pressures between 2 and 10 bar
Partial close testing function
When the pilot pressure falls below the main valve inlet pressure, the valve quickly exhausts the excess pressure until both the valve and pilot pressures are again equal before closing the exhaust port.
Pressure relief function
If the main valve inlet pressure increases above the pilot pressure, the valve automatically exhausts the excess valve and the excess valve actuator pressure.