The Rotatruck Self Supporting hand trolley by Rotacaster Wheel Limited has recently been announced as a finalist in the 2010 National Safe Work Awards to be held in Canberra on 28 April, 2010.
Having already won the 2009 NSW WorkCover Safe Work Award the Best Solution to an Identified Workplace Health and Safety Issue category, Rotacaster is hoping to take out the same category in the national awards.
The National Safe Work Awards acknowledge excellence in developing and implementing solutions to workplace risks and hazards with entrants being judged on how well their innovation can be implemented to reduce an identified occupational health and safety risk.
The Rotatruck self supporting hand trolley has been recognised for its ability to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries by:
- Keeping operator hands free for handling doors and performing associated tasks, unlike other hand trucks and trolleys that require the user to park the load;
- Fully supporting the weight of a load. Unlike traditional hand trucks and trolleys there is no need for the operator to balance or carry any of the weight;
- Alleviating the need to reverse over kerbs and obstructions, allowing the operator to lever rather than lift loads;
- The self supporting hand trolley reduces the strain required to move from the loading/upright to the transporting position; and
- The self supporting hand trolley, allows the operator to move directly sideways or rotate on the spot in confined spaces.