ROLAND DG Corporation has introduced the new SOLJET PRO III XC-540, its fastest, most feature-rich wide-format integrated inkjet printer/cutter to date.
Roland DG will demonstrate the XC-540 at the upcoming Visual Impact Melbourne Trade show on May 25-27 and in New Zealand at Printech in Auckland June 11-13.
Combining photorealistic image quality and precision contour cutting into one 54" device, the XC-540 seamlessly integrates a new generation of hardware and software, including fully-optimised RIP software, to deliver the ultimate Print&Cut solution.
Based on Roland engineering, the latest SOLJET sets a new standard for performance with up to 1440 x 1440dpi resolution and a maximum print speed of 41m2/h.
New VersaWorks 2.0 RIP software, award-winning ECO-SOL MAX ink and a range of additional features make the XC-540 the industry's top performing production tool for signs, banners, vehicle graphics, labels, decals, retail displays and more.
* Maximum 1440dpi resolution and Roland's innovative Print&Cut technology combine for outstanding image quality and precision contour cutting
* Ideal for a wide variety of applications including labels, decals, POP displays, banners, vehicle graphics, signs and more
* New VersaWorks 2.0 RIP software is packed with powerful features including a new spot colour library, and functions for spot colour replacement, clipping and auto-nesting
* Impressive maximum print speed of 41m2/h for high-volume production of billboards and large banners
* Integrated tri-heater system quickly dries a wide variety of media for immediate finishing, installation or collection by the take-up roller, even in high-speed mode
* An optional heater and blower are available for even greater productivity
* A new, faster Standard Print mode prints at 14m2/h for superior indoor banners with optimum droplet control and ink density
* Seamless integration of hardware, software and fully-optimised RIP software
* Industry-leading ECO-SOL MAX ink delivers the enhanced scratch resistance, quicker drying time and higher ink density required for outdoor applications
* Included take-up roller supports up to 30kg for unattended, high-volume production.
Roland VersaWorks 2.0 RIP software included
VersaWorks 2.0 RIP software uses an efficient graphical user interface to deliver consistent, professional results and includes several new upgrades that optimise Roland inkjet technology.
New features in Version 2.0 include a spot colour library and functions for spot colour replacement, clipping and auto-nesting. Together these features ensure both added convenience and the precision colour reproduction required by sign shops, service bureaus and other professionals.
VersaWorks allows users to easily import files from their favorite program without a lengthy learning curve.
Standard features include the ability to preview jobs on screen and layout, edit and print functions including nesting, tiling and auto/manual-layout.
In addition, users can automatically update VersaWorks through the Internet, ensuring that they are equipped with the latest software version and ICC profiles available.
Built upon the genuine Adobe PostScript CPSI RIP engine, VersaWorks is compatible with Windows 2000/XP operating systems.