Roland DG , a provider of wide-format inkjet printers and integrated print/cutters, has introduced new high-performance SOLJET PRO III printers in 74” and 64” models.
The new 74” XJ-740 and 64” XJ-640 are Roland’s fast SOLJETs to date, combining exceptional print speeds with the ultimate in six-colour CMYK+LcLm image quality.
“The new SOLJET PRO III XJ series is precision engineered for the demands of today’s fast-paced, quality-driven marketplace,” said Marc Margetts, director of sales.
“XJ series printers take productivity and performance to a new level with maximum print speeds of up to 42.6m2/hr and stunning image quality in every print mode. With the XJ, shops can capture the fine details critical to indoor graphics while producing the dense, rich colours required for vivid, high-impact outdoor graphics.”
High-quality imaging and Roland’s precision firing pattern make the XJ series ideal for indoor graphics including posters, POP displays and fine art reproductions.
The XJ also excels at a wide variety of outdoor applications and supports a full range of coated and uncoated media from vinyl and banner to backlit film and canvas.
SOLJET PRO III XJ series features:
- Good overall performance
- Good image quality, accurate colour reproduction and impressive maximum print speeds of up to 42.6m2/hr (458.61sqft/hr)
- Support for a wide variety of applications ranging from durable outdoor signage and graphics to precision fine art posters and giclees
- Support for long unattended production runs
- Automated take-up system supports roll weights of up to 47kg (103.6lbs.)
- Easy loading and unloading of even the heaviest media rolls
- Automated maintenance minimises ink, labour and downtime
- Fast drying and scratch resistant ECO-SOL MAX ink is virtually odourless for convenience and comfort within the office environment
- Powerful Roland VersaWorks RIP software included
- New Max Impact preset produces vivid outdoor signs with richer colour contrast
- Default preset faithfully reproduces skin tones as well as natural colours with superb gradations
- Roland Colour system provides colour charts and chips for spot colour matching and improved communication with customers
- Supports a wide selection of media
- Variable data printing for easy, custom prints featuring variable text and graphics
- Powerful VersaWorks RIP Software included
Bundled with every XJ printer, Roland VersaWorks RIP offers advanced features including the new Roland Max Impact colour management preset, the Roland colour system for spot colour matching and variable data printing for easy, customized signs and posters featuring variable text and graphics.
The Max Impact preset produces deeper, more vivid blues and reds, the fundamental colours for outdoor graphics, while preserving the overall colour balance required for beautiful, photorealistic images.
VersaWorks also includes more than 150 ICC profiles for reliable results the first time and every time. The Roland@NET automated update feature ensures ongoing access to the new VersaWorks version and profiles available.
Built on an Adobe Postscript engine, VersaWorks is compatible with Windows XP Professional, 2000 and Windows Vista.