The XC-540MT inkjet printer cutters have been developed exclusively for metallic silver ink and features 6 colours: CMYK+Metallic Silver+White (CMYK+MT+W). Compatible with vinyl, PET film, canvas, paper, transparent film and banner, the metallic silver ink can be printed on demand as a spot colour or combined with the XC-540MT's CMYK + W inks to produce a range of coloured metallic effects including gold, silver and pearlescent colours. The XC-540MT printer cutters can also be configured to operate in a double white ink model (CMYK+WW) to produce bright white text, graphics and floods.
The XC-540MT printer cutters are engineered for a range of applications including vehicle wraps, T-shirt heat transfers, labels, decals, POP displays, banners and signs. The printer cutters achieve a maximum print speed of 41 m2/hour and image quality up to 1440x1440 dpi resolution in CMYK mode. As an integrated printer and cutter, the XC-540MT prints and then automatically contour and perforate cuts images with no steps in between. As a result, the XC-540MT printer cutters can be operated unattended and achieve lower operating costs and faster production times than competing inkjets. XC-540MT inkjet printer cutters are suited to producing high value, specialist signage and short-run labels with spot colours.
To meet the demands of production shops, the XC-540MT ink jet cutter printers feature a heavy-duty media handling system, automated maintenance, the DU-540 dryer/blower unit and Roland's inkjet technology, Roland Intelligent Pass Control. ECO-SOL MAXTM inks offer dense, rich colours, superior scratch resistance, fast drying time, wide gamut, uncoated media support and outdoor durability of up to three years for CMYK, one year for White, and one to three years for the new Metallic Silver ink.
Roland DG has implemented the automated Advanced Ink Circulation System for the XC-540MT ink jet printer cutters. The AICS recirculates ink recirculation system to keep maintenance costs on specialist inks such as Metallic and White to an absolute minimum. AICS is a unique solution for large format printers from Roland and the XC-540MT and new LEC-330 printers are the only products on the market to feature this kind of technology.
Features of XC-540MT inkjet printer cutters includes:
1. 54" inkjet printer/cutter available in two ink configurations:
- CMYK + Metallic Silver + White for the widest range of applications
- CMYK + White + White for the brightest white text, graphics and floods
- Prints as a spot colour
- Combines with CMYK for a spectrum of new metallic hues including gold, bronzes and a wide range of pearlescent colours
- Prevents the pigment in metallic silver and white inks from settling
- Requires no manual intervention
- Reduces ink waste by up to 84% and more for lower running costs.
5. Integrated print/cut technology quickly and easily prints and digitally die and perforated cuts finished graphics into virtually any shape, on demand.