Roland DG Corporation has introduced the new MODELA PRO II MDX-540 Benchtop Milling Machine, ideal for Subtractive Rapid Prototyping (SRP) and industrial design including the production of moulds and parts for in-house use.
The MODELA PRO II is well suited for short-run production applications, and can be purchased with an optional automatic tool changer, rotary axis unit and T-slot table which together support a wide range of milling applications.
Every MODELA PRO II comes with robust, easy-to-use Roland SRP Player CAM software, and an easy-to-navigate operation panel.
According to Roland DG 3D Product Manager Mathew Landrigan, MODELA PRO II and SRP Player have revolutionised the conventional milling process, making milling easier.
Until now, precision milling has required the advanced skills of experienced professionals. With the introduction of MODELA PRO II and Roland SRP Player, it is easier to achieve professional results.
Roland advises customers to program MODELA PRO II with a few required settings and the accompanying SRP player does the rest, determining the choice of tools and other details integral to the milling process.
* Large cutting area
* Produces smooth, precise, high-quality surfaces in all modes
* Choice of several high-torque settings or high-spindle speeds ranging from 400 to 12,000 rpm
* Optional automatic tool changer (ATC) stores up to four tools for unattended milling
* Optional rotary axis unit allows milling of multi-surface or cylindrical materials*3
* Roland's easy-to-use SRP Player CAM software
* Easy-to-navigate operation panel and on-screen panel which greatly simplify the setup and production process
* Compatibility with a wide variety of materials from light metals, chemical woods and resin to ABS including aluminium, brass and copper
* Low initial investment and materials cost
* Available in two models