ROLAND DG has released a complete laser scanning package including software that easily scans a variety of objects to generate accurate 3D digital data, the new LPX-600.
It is the industry's most user-friendly professional 3D laser scanner, with the entire scanning process controlled by a single button.
Conventional 3D scanners, by comparison, require the advanced skills of experienced professionals to operate.
With the LPX-600, an object can be scanned in three easy steps.
Firstly, position the object on the LPX-600 work table. Secondly, press the 'Preview' button to confirm scanning time. Thirdly, press the 'Scan' button to begin scanning.
Easy-to-use Roland LPX EZ Studio scanning software is included with the LPX-600. This software controls the entire process, from the initial LPX scan to the creation of 3D CAD/CG data in a range of file formats including STL (Standard Tessellated Language, industry standard 3D CAD format), GSF (Geometry Systems native file format) and 3DM (Rhinoceros file format).
EZ Studio automatically eliminates extra polygons and fills holes for smooth, continuous surfaces.
Roland LPX EZ Studio is compatible with Windows XP/2000/Me/98 SE (Second Edition).
Features of the LPX-600 include:
* Easy to use - Even novices can scan objects to create accurate 3D data
* Includes Roland LPX EZ Studio scanning software
* Features USB connection for easy setup
* Large working area - up to 254mm (10") in diametre and 406.4mm (16") in height
* High-quality scanning as precise as 0.2mm (0.008") scanning-pitch
* Bench top size and quiet operation make the LPX-600 ideal for any office environment
* Special features for advanced users - Dr. PICZA 3 scanning software is included, which allows scanning configurations and exports data to either surface software or 3D CG/CAD software
* Pixform Pro surface software is available as an option.