Roland DG Corporation have announced the launch of the EGX-360, a versatile 4-axis computerised engraver, capable of producing intricate designs onto curved, domed, flat, cylindrical and irregular surfaces.
The EGX-360 4-axis computerised engraver is available from Roland DG Australia . Glass, metals, acrylics, laminates and wood are the acceptable materials for engraving.
According to Marc Margetts, Managing Director, personalisation is taking an ordinary product and turning it into a gift. Engraving is a permanent form of personalisation and also has a high perceived value.
The EGX-360 4-axis computerised engraver is capable of engraving onto a variety of products, such as wine bottles, champagne flutes, vases, decanters, goblets, tankards, cups and trophies. With its intuitive operation and safety cover, the EGX-360 4-axis computerised engraver provides quality and ‘eternal’ personalisation.
The EGX-360 4-axis computerised engraver has the following features:
- Glass engraving with recycling water system for safe operation and is suitable for wine bottles, wine glasses, decanters, vases and glass awards
- Cylindrical engraving for goblets, tankards and cups
- Inside/outside ring engraving option for jewellers to engrave from wedding bands to napkin rings and bracelets
- Flat surface engraving for single and batch production
- Included cup cones capable of holding cylindrical items from 17mm to 180mm in diameter
- Automatic surface detection for simple operation on undulating surfaces
- Advanced laser pointer function eliminates mistakes and simplifies operation
- Safety cover ensures a safe operation
- Easy-to-use and multifunctional design software, EngraveStudio is included
The EngraveStudio software has the following features:
- V-carving mode for hand-carved effects
- Batch production options for increased productivity
- Intuitive interface for easy operation
- Advanced preview mode for proofing and promotional activities
- Compatible with vectored AI, EPS, DXF and PDF files
- Compatible with image BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF and PNG files