Available in Australia and New Zealand through Rojone is the new 5.8 GHz wireless access point/bridge/client product called Octopus from Shireen of the USA. This unit boasts high power output and robust firmware.
Octopus includes industrial grade outdoor wireless access products available for use as access point, bridge or client. With optional amplifier module, the total EIRP goes up to 54 dBm. This unit is powerful and can link up to 115 km (60 miles) line of sight.
The unit comes in ruggedised outdoor housing with antenna included and powered over Ethernet. Other features include
- Supports data rates up to 108 Mbps
- Strong network security with WPA, WPA2 and 64/128 bit WEP encryption
- RADIUS MAC authentication and MAC address filtering
- Supports bandwidth and SNMP management control
- Provide Window-base utility, Web, CLI (Command Line Interface) configuration
- Adjustable Tx power settings
- Configurable ACK timeout for long distance
The full range of products manufactured by Shireen is available through Rojone. Rojone is experienced in the GPS, antenna, RF and microwave industries.