Rockwell Automation introduces a new generation of compact drives designed to help machine builders and end users simplify equipment design and operation, and speed up installation and configuration.
The new compact Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525 AC drives represent the first in the company’s next generation of compact drives. Featuring a modular design, the PowerFlex 525 AC drive is available in power ranges from 0.5 to 30 horsepower or 0.4 to 22 kilowatt at 100 to 600 volt input. Features such as embedded EtherNet/IP, safety, USB programming, energy savings and a variety of motor control options are ideally suited for machine-level and standalone applications or simple system integration.
Suitable for a wide range of applications including conveyors, material handling, compressors, fans and pumps, the PowerFlex 525 AC drive provides a variety of motor control options to accommodate open- and closed-loop applications.
Helder Paulini, Commercial Marketing Engineer, Rockwell Automation South Pacific explains that the new drive portfolio is designed to give customers the performance they need, while helping to lower their Total Cost to Design, Develop and Deliver machines.
To help simplify and streamline setup, users can configure the PowerFlex 525 AC drive through its human interface module (HIM), Rockwell Automation Connected Components Workbench software or Rockwell Software Studio 5000 Logix Designer. Time-saving application sets, which are groups of pre-defined parameters for common drive applications are offered for users to apply ‘as is’ or customise for a machine. Using a standard USB connection, machine builders can easily download the completed configurations and share with multiple drives, which greatly speeds up commissioning time.
Key features of PowerFlex 525 AC drives:
- Embedded EtherNet/IP connectivity optimises integration with programmable controllers to deliver more application flexibility
- Optional dual-port EtherNet/IP connectivity supports DLRtopology, providing a robust network infrastructure
- SIL2/PLd-certified, embedded safe torque-off feature helps prevent drive restarts after a safety circuit is tripped
- Economizer mode helps optimise motor energy consumption by monitoring an application’s current demand and automatically refining operating parameters accordingly
- Flexible installation - can be mounted zero-stacked both horizontally and vertically
- Rated up to 50°C; Optional fan kit allows drive to withstand temperatures up to 70°C with current derating