The ERP application allows plants to more easily and cost-effectively exchange transactions and execute business processes across the plant floor and business systems in real-time. This exchange is a critical component in achieving demand-driven agile manufacturing and the ability to deliver a perfect order.
Key features of ERP Integration Gateway Software
- Robust and expandable architecture allows for exchange of common types of information required for agile manufacturing such as quality, order planning and scheduling as well as accounting of production costs and material usage
- Ability to exchange quality information between manufacturing and business systems helps improve customer satisfaction
- Integration of order planning and scheduling helps manufacturers improve on-time delivery, supply chain efficiencies and resource utilisation
- Allows manufacturers to quickly respond to changing business demands
- Integrating accounting of production costs and material usage helps reduce cycle time and inventories while ensuring more accuracy
The ERP software is delivered on the Rockwell Software manufacturing services bus, a key component of the Rockwell Software manufacturing operations platform.
Manufacturing services bus features
- Provides a proven service-oriented architecture (SOA) framework that is secure, robust, scalable and highly available for messaging between applications
- Supports all of the common enterprise integration patterns and more than 30 different transport technologies, allowing for deployment into any existing IT environment with minimal disruption
- Message bus architecture and flexibility helps provide maximum return on existing IT investments, simplifies integration projects and eliminates dependencies between systems
Keith Chambers, manufacturing operations platform business manager, Rockwell Automation says that manufacturers have the opportunity to significantly reduce total cost of ownership with the Rockwell Software manufacturing operations platform by taking advantage of graphical data mapping capabilities, an integration framework and support from their experienced global service teams.
Key benefits of Rockwell Software manufacturing operations platform
- Leverages existing IT skill sets and infrastructure to reduce installation and maintenance costs
- Graphical data mapping and use of open, industry standard tools provide visual data transformation that requires no coding, allowing users to benefit from faster deployments, lower risk and reduced maintenance costs
- Ease of support and the ability for repeatable deployment of standard functionality, which is easily extended to support customised ERP deployments
- Access to Rockwell Automation’s experienced global service teams who have comprehensive ERP integration domain knowledge as well as expertise and have established best practices