Rockwell Automation has expanded its overload relay family with the new Allen-Bradley 193-EC5 E3 Plus solid-state overload relays, featuring voltage protection and energy monitoring. Part of the E3 Plus family, the new overload relay combines current and voltage protection with enhanced power monitoring and diagnostic capabilities, helping users improve energy efficiency and safeguard critical electric motor loads. This capability in turn helps speed troubleshooting, minimise downtime and reduce energy costs. These new overload relay is specially designed for low voltage applications in materials handling, water/wastewater, process, petrochemical, and minerals and mining.
Features of the overload relays include:
- The new overload relays identify motors contributing to the monthly peak demand and power factor line items on utility bills
- These relays also assist in activity-based cost accounting and verifying energy-reduction initiatives
- In addition, the overload relays are equipped with Allen-Bradley DeviceLogix Intelligent Component Technology, which integrates logic-solving capability into the overload relay
- Allen-Bradley 193-EC5 E3 Plus solid-state overload relays provide users with basic digital control when a programmable controller is not available
- These overload relays can be used to turn off a motor in the event of lost communications within a control system