The new Allen-Bradley Micro850 and enhanced Micro830 micro PLCs meet machine builders’ needs for flexible micro programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that optimise standalone machine performance and cost. Featuring embedded motion capabilities for up to three axes of motion, both micro PLCs can support a wide range of applications.
Co Gia Nguyen, vice president and general manager, Rockwell Automation Asia Pacific Business Centre explains that machine builders around the globe demand world-class micro PLCs to remain profitable but these controllers must meet their requirements for economical, just-enough control, while providing additional options and features that would enable them to differentiate their machines from the competition.
The new Micro850 and enhanced Micro830 controllers balance those needs and help machine builders compete more profitably.
The enhanced Micro830 and Micro850 controllers support up to three motion axes using pulse output to stepper or servo drives. A single programming software called Connected Components Workbench simplifies the installation, configuration, connectivity, and maintenance of machine devices, including the series of Micro800 controllers, Allen-Bradley PowerFlex AC drives, and PanelView Component graphic terminals.
Key features of new Allen-Bradley Micro850 micro PLCs:
- Equipped with the same form factor, plug-in support, instruction/data size and motion capabilities as the 24-pt and 48-pt Micro830 controllers
- Added capabilities of Ethernet and expansion I/O
- Excels at standalone machine applications
- Embedded Ethernet port for higher performance connectivity to HMIs
- EtherNet/IP protocol with CIP Symbolic support used for simplified Allen-Bradley PanelView Component HMI connectivity
- Tags created while configuring the HMI screens can easily reference the variable names in the Allen-Bradley Micro800 program
- I/O flexibility successfully minimises machine cost
- Support for up to five plug-ins
- Functionality can be customised with additional I/O, special functions, and serial ports without increasing controller size
- Supports up to four 2085 expansion I/O modules, including high-density digital I/O and high-accuracy analogue I/O for a total of 132 digital I/O points