Designed for motor control applications in a variety of heavy industries including oil and gas, tyre and rubber, refining, material handling as well as metals and mining, PowerFlex 755 AC drives feature advanced diagnostics and a convenient roll-out design.
The PowerFlex 755 extended power range drives feature a roll-out capability that allows easy access to the drive for fast installation and maintenance.
The drive’s modular design simplifies replacement of drive components such as cooling fans, circuit boards and major subassemblies.
The modular design of the AC drives also allows the drive’s converter and control pod to remain in the unit while the inverter is rolled out to enable control wiring to remain connected.
An additional advantage is the ability for the control pod in this drive to be mounted remotely for easy access to low voltage control and diagnostics.
Key features of PowerFlex 755 AC drives:
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities include indication of blown fuses and blown surge protectors
- Alarms reported to the main control to help ease troubleshooting, also providing essential protection inside the drive
- Monitoring and tracking operating data on cooling fans, I/O relay cycles and motor run times provides valuable data for preventative maintenance
- Equipped with an embedded Ethernet port and five option slots that allow users to tailor the drive to best suit their application
- Options include I/O, feedback, safety, additional communications and auxiliary control power input
The PowerFlex 755 AC drives support Rockwell Automation Integrated Motion, allowing it to be configured and controlled using motion profiles and instruction sets in an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix controller with Rockwell Software RSLogix 5000 software.
The ability to support variable frequency drives, motion drives, I/O, smart actuators and other Ethernet/IP-connected devices on a common network helps increase design flexibility, improve system performance and reduce engineering costs.
This power range extension expands the PowerFlex 755 AC drive offering from 0.75 kW up to 450 kW at 400 VAC input, providing robustness, ease of use, flexibility and performance in a single product family.