Rockwell Automation in collaboration with Cisco Systems, Fluke Networks and Panduit will be presenting a series of one-day seminars on the Plantwide Benefits of EtherNet/IP.
Attendees will be given an introduction to how EtherNet/IP can help achieve plantwide optimisation, deploying network infrastructure, convergence within an IT network and optimising their plant floor network.
As technology continues to drive innovation, manufacturing enterprises must converge their production disciplines into integrated plantwide architectures to remain competitive.
Key advantages of the EtherNet/IP Network for manufacturers:
- Provides plantwide network systems using open, industry-standard networking technologies
- Enables real-time control and information in discrete, continuous process, batch, safety, drive, motion, and high availability applications
- Connects disparate devices such as motor starters, sensors, controllers and HMI devices into the enterprise-wide IT system
- Supports non-industrial and industrial communication protocols on a common network infrastructure
Rockwell Automation is a Strategic Alliance Partner with Cisco Systems for the early adoption of EtherNet/IP for industrial applications. Together, the companies are working to provide products, solutions, services, education and standards development to aid the convergence of IT and manufacturing around EtherNet/IP.
Schedule for Plantwide Benefits of EtherNet/IP Seminars:
- 5th July 2011, Duxton Hotel, Perth, WA
- 7th July 2011, National Wine Centre, Adelaide, SA
- 14th July 2011, Hilton, Brisbane, QLD
- 2nd August 2011, Rydges Parramatta, NSW