Rockwell Automation will showcase their new DCS product, PlantPAx at the Australasian Oil and Gas Exhibition (AOG) 2011 in Perth next year.
PlantPAx is a next-generation discrete, process, drive and safety control system developed to provide unified and modular plant-wide control architecture.
Suitable for a wide range of oil and gas applications, PlantPAx’s single-platform architecture facilitates enhanced operational efficiencies, information sharing and sustainability.
According to Rockwell Automation Process Solutions Business Development Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Andrew Sia, the new PlantPAx plant control platform is suitable for applications involving process automation and discrete functions across a wide range of oil and gas control applications.
The unified plant control system delivers numerous benefits across the whole spectrum of the oil and gas business enterprise.
He adds that oil and gas companies can achieve much tighter levels of integration than disparate systems by amalgamating all the facets of plant operations including discrete, process, drive and safety control functionality into a single platform.
PlantPAx delivers greater efficiencies in terms of configuration and information accessibility over legacy DCS systems.
Key features of PlantPAx plant control system:
- Easier and quicker configuration with unified system than interfacing several different control systems together
- Simplifies ongoing operational and maintenance requirements
- Single control system architecture speeds up information sharing as data does not need to be mapped from one system repository to another
- Allows information delivery to the right place at the right time
- Crucial system information is displayed on a dashboard facilitating intuitive understanding of the system status at a glance
- Rockwell Automation Factory Talk (FT) VantagePoint and FT Historian enable operational data to be collated, displayed, reported and archived simply and effectively
- Advanced data-handling functionality facilitates seamless integration of power and energy management systems (PEMS), and condition monitoring systems
- Built-in functionality accommodates necessary measurement and monitoring requirements for enhancing sustainable performance
- Delivers significant advancements in safety to the industry, eliminating the need to operate a separate Basic Process Control System (BPCS) for safety
- Delivers fault-tolerant process safety and fail-safe machine safety
- Extends redundancy throughout the system beyond control level right down to the I/O level
PlantPAx plant control system from Rockwell Automation will be showcased in stand G18 at the Australasian Oil and Gas Exhibition 2011 being held at the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre from 23 to 25 February 2011.