Turnkey solutions provider, Richmond Wheels and Castors has designed and manufactured castors along with mounting kits to turn fixed shipping containers into a movable storage facility.
Shipping containers are considered an economical storage facility option for many businesses, but their static bulk prevents easy relocation around the workplace.
Richmond’s castors are attached using a container locking device with the mounting connecting with ISO standard 20" and 40" corner fittings. The castors are fitted in place to the mounting kit by turning a lever for a secure, no-fuss installation.
Key features of Richmond’s castors for shipping containers:
- Available in a range of different wheel options and castor configurations
- Load capacities up to 5000kg per castor
- Directional lock on swivel castor combined with the right wheel selection makes the castor towable for easy positioning
- Container locking accessory available as a retrofit
- Mounting kit includes all fasteners required to mount the castor and baseplate
- Castors and mounting kit are supplied assembled if ordered together, to speed up installation