Richmond Wheels and Castors designs and manufactures a comprehensive range of materials handling equipment including wheels and pallet trucks.
Established in Victoria, Australia in 1958 by Frank Winslow to provide steel and steel fabrication to local businesses, the business acquired Carter Engineering in 1961 to begin production of various materials handling solutions including pallet trucks.
Through the 1960s and early 1970s, Richmond became a leading supplier of pallet trucks, lifters, stackers and associated components.
A major turning point for Richmond was their biggest individual contract for the manufacture and maintenance of extra heavy duty pallet trucks for the Australian Defence Forces around 1975.
Richmond supplied hundreds of ruggedly designed and manufactured hydraulic pallet trucks as part of the contract. Known to the army as ‘Built to Perform’ for their continuous performance and reliability, some of these pallet trucks are still in use today.
Richmond has partnered with a leading worldwide supply chain company to continue to supply the proven pallet trucks with the same durability, manoeuvrability and ease of use that Richmond products are known for in the industry.
Key features of Richmond pallet trucks:
- Entry and exit rollers to prevent excess physical exertion while protecting the load roller and pallet
- Totally sealed hydraulic pump
- Slow lowering hand control valve
- 3-position control handle
- Grease fittings at key points