Ideal as a replacement for phenolic wheels or cast iron alternatives, the new aluminium wheels from Richmond Wheels and Castors are specifically designed for use in the food industry as well as any oven baking application that requires continuous exposure to temperatures up to 280ºC with peaks of 300ºC as well as chillers and freezer applications down to -30ºC.
The aluminium wheels are available in a number of wheel and castor configurations from light to heavy industrial frames with different boss width and axle sizes.
Key features of Richmond’s aluminium wheels:
- Resists thermal shock due to rapid rising or falling temperatures
- Anti-corrosive properties
- Resistant to most solvents, oils, acids and chemicals
- Chip and crack-resistant surface compared to traditional phenolic wheels
- Greater tensile strength, able to withstand sudden impacts compared to phenolic wheels
- Reduced wear characteristics increase longevity and decrease maintenance costs
- Material will not dry out and become brittle under normal baking times
- Provides structural integrity to the castor for a smoother ride